The Pep Band is a branch of the Department of Physical Education, Recreation, and Athletics that uses Music Division facilities. They play regularly at home WPI football and basketball games. The Pep Band consists of marching members who perform in the football halftime show, stands members who do not march, and has a color guard to complement the band during the field show.
- The Pep Band's field show for the 2007-2008 school year will be The Sound of Simon featuring selections from such well-known classics as You Can Call Me Al, Bridge over Troubled Water, Late in the Evening, Sounds of Silence, and Still Crazy After All These Years.
- 2007 Band Camp will be August 15-18, starting three days before New Student Orientation. Members who wish to join and march must contact the officers (email@example.com) by August 1 to sign up.
- Anyone who plays an instrument, spins a flag, or is willing to learn to spin a flag is welcome to join.
The executive positions in Pep Band are as follows:
- Vice President
- Membership Coordinator
- Drum Majors
- Color Guard Captain
- The WPI "theme song" was written by a former Pep Band member as part of his Sufficiency in music.
- The Pep Band won SAS's 2006 Alma Mater contest with a rendition of the school song played entirely with 20 oz. Vault soda bottles.
- Mike Tiu, class of 2008, maintains the AIM screenname WPI Pep Band, which lists information about upcoming Pep Band events as well as the current officers of the club and internal news.