The WPI BMES Chapter is part of a national professional society that was started on February 1, 1968. The purpose of BMES is "To promote and enhance biomedical engineering knowledge worldwide and its utilization for the health and well-being of humankind."
Being in school for BME means you'll someday be in a professional environment as a BME. The goal of our chapter is to get you there by networking, mentoring, teaching and assisting each other, using each others' strengths as biomedical engineers to build solid foundations for careers as biomedical engineers.
By becoming a member of the WPI chapter of BMES, you can:
- Have the opportunity to meet other BME students and professors
- Take part in chapter events, such as bowling night or ice cream socials
- Be a part of the mentor program, which allows upperclassmen to serve as a valuable resource for underclass BME students
- Learn about internship, REU and job opportunities
- Hear from guest speakers in the industry
- Gain leadership experience by becoming an officer
- Obtain answers to any other questions you may have about biomedical engineering
2012-2013 BMES OfficersEdit